- Undoubtedly, a trip to the Hot Springs is one of the best alternatives to do in La Fortuna. Our mineral hot springs are from the volcano, these come from a natural underground spring which contains a variety of minerals and nutrients, which bring many benefits to our body. You will notice that in the area there are offered various hot spring options from pools open to the public, to luxurious private thermal water springs. The Hotel Arenal Paraíso offers this service for free to all our guests!
- The number one attraction in the area is the Arenal Volcano, for many years now, when it began erupting and went from being Cerro Arenal (Hill) to Arenal Volcano, the development and activities in the area were evolving and changing… In 1968 when the fumaroles out of the hill were first noticed, the locals realized the existence of a volcano which had been dormant for many years. From that time and still today, the region of La Fortuna – which was known for milk production, livestock and crops – became the most visited area of the country and a potential attraction for both local and international tourists.
- The area has a large variety of tours to enjoy, learn and make your holiday unforgettable! Great activities to highlight include horseback riding at the foot of the volcano, in which you are invited to stroll amidst the mountains, nature, and rivers.There’s also the Zip Line tour, which is ideal for lovers of adrenaline, excitement and contact with the breeze and nature.Rio Fortuna Waterfall is a beautiful place to cool off and enjoy the beauty of this majestic wonder.
- The cuisine of the northern part of Costa Rica is recognized and honored for the exquisite cuts of meat, since it is one of the current activities of the locals, besides the peculiarity in the typical foods of Costa Rica and the wide range in international food everywhere. The Hotel Arenal Paraíso offers in its restaurants national and international cuisine a la carte, with a specialty in grilled meat.
- The Arenal Volcano National Park invites tourists, through Observatory to contemplate the different types of rocks and sediments expelled by the Volcano, as well as to appreciate beautiful landscapes, flora and fauna, making it a place outstanding order to capture beautiful images.
La Fortuna is definitely a Paradise to visit when in Costa Rica!